Monday, June 23, 2008

Summer Solstice Weekend



I have just been informed I need to dial ten digits to make a local call. Around here, we still give our phone number in four digits, so this is just kookybananas. I don't like it.

It occurs to me some of these weekend reports aren't terribly interesting blog reading. But they're serving a purpose for me--I stopped scrapbooking. I just haven't been able to find the time lately. But coming here and being able to read a little reminder of what we did, with pictures, is nice. It's taking the place of scrapbooking, although what I liked about scrapbooking is that it got me away from the screen. I'm going to have to find some happy medium. I can't spend a lot of non work time on the computer, as my shoulder/neck situation just won't stand for it these days. I've bought a new chair, new keyboard, foot reast and forearm support, and remind myself to sit properly, but I still end up with knots in my muscles. Go figure.

Friday night Anna and I hit the flats for the start of the bluegrass festival, burgers and dogs. Yum. Then Tim and I stayed up a little later than the light, but not by much. Saturday Anna and I head to Sarah & Jurgen's place in Otter Point to have a last play out there (they've moved to Victoria). We took the girls to Gordon's Beach to climb on the rocks and have a little picnic, then back to play in their empty house! After, Anna and I went to the flats to listen to some more bluegrass, then home for chili with Brendan and Kyle, and a game in the evening. I think I got too much sun, though no real burn, on Saturday. Sunday I woke up with a cold. I finally put away all the mittens, scarves and toques (we got our Christmas lights off just the other weekend... so summer's really arrived! long story--i was afraid to go back up the ladder, and tim's not fond of heights either). We had pancakes, and Anna and I went to the flats one last time to take in the last part of the festival (and more lemonade-discovered anna likes the cherry kind). Early bed last night, and this morning, I'm a little suffering.

1 comment:

Penny said...

Ana is such a dude :) Love that photo of them coming through the grass.