Tuesday, July 08, 2008

July 5-6


Friday I undertook the enormous task of cleaning out the garage. Don't know exactly what possessed me - maybe wanting to have the car out of the sun when it gets hot, so we wouldn't bake every time we hopped in to go somewhere. Tim and I had appies at Stone Pipe, since Anna was out with her Nanas. Saturday Anna and I went to the lantern workshop, and made a lantern that we'll take to the festival later this month. Then we went on an epic shopping and errand expedition, returning home after supper. Sunday was relaxed. I went for my annual pedicure, and we hung out in the back yard (Anna had her "big friends" over,) and I made a picnic for us to take down to the river, which we did. I made hummus, grilled chicken spinach salad, and baked cookies! It was such a peaceful ending to the weekend. I stayed up late Sunday night, cleaning up, and listening to music. Nice to have a low-key weekend here, since we're headed out next weekend for our Saltspring adventure!

1 comment:

Penny said...

sounds great! love the picnic menu :)